We have entered our 33rd week of the 25th Summer Citrus from South Africa season! This program is made possible AND is successful with a business model that manages supply and demand coupled with tremendous effort put into pre-planning. We do our best to predict what will be available and connect that back to the shipping plan to ensure accuracy and efficiency – all season long.
Our program is one-of-a-kind that includes all the service providers who communicate on a regular basis with each other as a collective unit, despite being competitors. This is truly where the power and effectiveness of the program comes from!
Take a look below for an update on where we are with the season and click the video link to hear from a few of our service providers.
Current Season Snapshot
- By the end of week 32 we would have packed 75% of our overall estimates
- By the end of week 32 we would have shipped 67% of our overall estimates
- By the end of week 32 we have 37% of our estimates arrived in the U.S.
- We are also finished packing Navels and will soon start with Midknights.
- We are moving through our peak weeks of later Mandarin varieties and the quality and volumes are looking good.
- Overall quality is looking good.
- The season is not without challenges, but we pride ourselves in providing real-time and continuous updated information to the industry.
- Our strength really lies in connecting all service providers throughout the supply-chain from the production side to the final consumer.
- We are only as strong as our service providers and their teams.
- We are an umbrella brand for all parties involved in the Summer Citrus program into the U.S.
- With continued weekly arrivals of fresh produce into the port of Philadelphia with either containers, our dedicated conventional vessels, or both, we have proven ourselves as a dependable partner for our customers.
- Our container service into Philadelphia compliments our dedicated conventional vessels.
- We proudly selling the world’s finest Summer Citrus!
Watch this video spotlight featuring long-term partnes, Seatrade and FPT on our dedicated vessels to the U.S.
Are your colleagues and industry peers subscribers to our newsletter?
Please share this newsletter with your colleagues as there is still a lot of education to be done about Summer Citrus from South Africa! If they are interested in subscribing to our newsletter, they can do so below.